It’s a perfect way to look forward to 2018 while also reflecting on all that we’ve done in 2017.
Here are the rules:
- Link to this blog post in this Liebster Award blog post.
- Answer the questions given to you. (You can see Paige’s original post here)
- Create more creative and unique questions for nominees to answer.
- Comment on the Liebster Award blog post with a link directly to my blog.
So… Here are the questions I was nominated to answer:
1. How and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2017 when I started Rich Living, Less Spending with my awesome husband, Mike. We want to help other people who love traveling and going to events be able to do so even with full-time jobs and responsibilities.
2. What’s the first big trip you remember taking?
I have been traveling my whole life, but the trip that was most memorable to me at the youngest age I can remember was probably a family trip to Catalina Island, California. It was the first time that I remembered being able to explore on my own and have the freedom to be without my parents. It really inspired me to want to take more trips the older I got.
Mike’s first memorable trip was a trip to Hawaii with his Grandpa for his high school graduation. This was the moment when he also realized this is what he wanted to work for – the ability to travel around the world to new and exciting destinations.
3. What’s your dream travel destination and why?
My dream destination is one I’ve already been to but Mike has not – the Galápagos Islands, Ecuador. I loved it so much and went before we met, which is why it’s my dream destination again… so we can go together!
Mike’s dream destination is St. Andrews, Scotland so he can golf where it all began. We’re working on my game a little longer before we go there so we can both enjoy it.
4. What is your most and least favorite thing about blogging?
My least favorite thing is probably making sure I track everything I do while on our trips. I already did it in general, but blogging has definitely made me much more aware of little purchases like water bottles and small snacks. It’s probably for the best anyway!
5. What’s your favorite travel photo you’ve taken?
Our favorite travel photo is the one we took ourselves during our final leg of our honeymoon in Roatán, Honduras. It marked an amazing time in our lives and started the rest of our adventures. We even returned to Roatán the following year because we loved it so much!
6. Do you travel with physical books or digital books?
I use my Kindle 90% of the time, and Mike travels with physical books.
7. How do you promote your blog?
8. Do you prefer to travel solo or with others?
We love traveling together. We’ve gone on trips without each other but definitely prefer to be together. We also love going on group trips to Vegas, Mexico, Havasu, etc. It really depends on the destination!
9. What do you like to collect from your travels?
We really stopped collecting items on our travels because they ended up being a money sucker. We now spend that money on extra excursions and outdoor adventures! So… I guess we collect memories!
10. Which place that you’ve traveled to has had the best food?
I will probably get some flack for my answer, but I think the best food I’ve had is on the Allure of the Seas during a Royal Caribbean cruise! It was consistently amazing each night. The food on Royal Caribbean is probably what I look forward to most… and it’s also why I probably look so different from my Galápagos Islands trip 😉
Mike’s favorite foodie trip was to New Orleans, LA! He loved listening to live music (of course!) during every meal. His two favorite places were Cafe Pontalba and Carousel Bar & Lounge.
11. What’s your next trip?
Our next planned trip is in two weeks to Palm Springs, California! 2018 will be a year of short weekend trips and road trips, so we are starting it off with a 3.5-hour drive to visit his family.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- Would you rather tent camp and be able to travel anywhere or stay in the same 5-star hotel without being able to stay anywhere else for the rest of your life? Why?
- Which trip are you looking forward to most in 2018?
- What is your go-to snack for airline travel?
- What is your most efficient packing tip?
- Where was the most inspirational place you traveled?
- Why did you start writing your blog?
- What is your favorite mode of transportation and why?
- Where is the most remote location you have traveled?
- What’s one thing you are looking at improving upon within your blog in 2018?
- Which board game would you want to be a piece of (i.e. the knight in Settlers of Catan, a nubbin in Sorry, or a Joker in Rummikub)?
And, here are my nominees:
Thanks, and have fun with this 🙂